Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mondays with Yakov

This just in: There are a few certainties about accordions.

1. Accordions are the red-headed stepchild of the music world
2. Accordion music makes everyone smile
and
3. EVERYONE has an accordion story...and they smile when they tell it.

I am 2 weeks into my Monday lessons with a charming Russian man named Yakov. When I told him that I though I had practiced and learned my songs from the previous week, he replied:
"Meddy Liu, vood be meedacle!" Oh well, miracles can happen. Turns out that there wasn't one this last lesson.
With very broken English, and my non-happening Russian, we seem to meet in Italian musical direction. Multo bene!
Next week, Lesson III

2 comments:

  1. We are going to have to get together to play our instruments once I get going with my violin. I can't wait to hear you play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The accordion...somehow I feel there is a part of this story that is missing. I had no idea this was something you were pursuing. Good luck with the lessons.

    ReplyDelete